The Lords Prayer Explained
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
1. Our Father lives in heaven and He is our Father. He made us and loves us.
2. His name is not to used lightly. His name must be kept holy. ” Hallowed be Your name.”
3. The will of Adonai is being done in heaven by everybody there. We must pray that His will be done on earth as well. If everybody did His will, how different our earth would be!
4. We can make all our wishes known to the Father, even to asking for daily bread. He wants to supply all our real needs. He will help us solve the problem of living.
5. How do we forgive others? Yeshua will forgive us just as much as we forgive others. We cannot be forgiven by Adonai if we have anger, bitterness, hatred, ill will or revenge in our hearts. We can only be forgiven by Adonai for our wrongs if we truly forgive others for their wrongs to us.
6. Adonai has all power to deliver us from temptation and evil.
7. Adonai is able to do all we ask because His is the kingdom, the power, and the glory.